How to increase my sales
It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in, sales move faster than ever, new competitors emerge and what worked well a few years ago isn’t good enough today. Here are some basic steps you can take to improve your sales performance and reduce your cost of selling:
- Clarify your mission by really understanding your business niche.
- What do you do best?
- Who needs your product / service?
- How do you best approach these opportunities?
- How much are customers willing to pay?
- Break your mission into goals that you can control.
- Make sure you’re selling to customer needs by emphasizing the features of your product / service.
- Ask; make sure your questions are creative, planned, relevant, and direct. Listen; you will need highly developed listening skills. Act; make sure you respond and take action that proves to the customer that you listened and want the sale.
- Improve your weaknesses, set goals to force yourself to do the things you don’t like to do and try to be more creative in your searching, fact finding, and presentations.
- Effective marketing, strong sales skills and referrals are the keys to creating promising attention.
- To build a strong support team, give them team credit when things go well and take the blame when it goes wrong.
- Know who your target market is and why, what your message is, what you’re going to ask your target market and what your proposal will look like.
- Remember to maximize you time and focus on your goals.